- Any brain chemical imbalance, including addiction, is the result of brain chemical imbalanced caused by an enlarged amygdala.
- Balance can be naturally restored through the process of shrinking the amygdala. Bypassing the symptoms of the brain function and addressing the brain function itself, our program is easy to manage, with faster, more permanent results.
- In a nutshell, Your Way Recovery is not attempting to treat addiction, we are educating individuals on how to release it.
The goal of our program is to:
- Improve brain function – We are here, not to make it through the day, but to take one step forward today. As we engage in practices every day that improve brain functions, addictive tendencies decrease, and life experiences naturally improve.
- Build Community – Even if you decide you do not want to interact with other participants, engaging in a practice where you know others are involved, improves the way your brain responds. Both, in their personal practices and during group interaction, we do ask that participants commit to the healthy interaction guidelines spelled out ‘commitments’ portion of this session.
- Evolve – You do not need to ‘start over’ or ‘create’ a new life. In this program, we will not evaluate or process the experiences of our past. We will put our focus on evolving into the full potential of who we can become. Our only responsibility right now is to take one step toward that potential, and by taking this step, life becomes incrementally better each day.
What we are not:
- We are not a treatment program. While most conventional treatment plans begin from the perspective of addiction being an ‘illness’ that needs to be treated, we believe addiction, along with many brain chemical imbalances are driven by simple, changeable triggers. Your Way Recovery operates from the principle that addiction is a healthy reaction to unhealthy consciousness. The brain chemical imbalance of addiction is a symptom, not of a medical condition, but of an antiquated survival system. While there are treatments that recognize this concept, the idea of ‘treatment’ acts from the perspective of an unhealthy condition which requires decades and sometimes even lifetimes to rectify. Our program does not treat the addiction or even the perceived cause of the addiction. We treat the brain function that drives the chemical imbalance.
- We do not view addiction as an illness. We view addiction as an unhealthy response to the overactive response of a healthy brain function.
- We are not a medically or psychologically program. While we believe both medical and psychological treatment can be vital to a recovery process, we believe there are options available that are advanced of most of the programs currently available to the public. The traditional treatments generally define addiction as a life-long affliction, using long-term coping mechanisms that produce arduous incremental results. Your Way Recovery uses cutting-edge discoveries in neuroscience to teach participants how the brain works, how the body responds, and how to get the most out of both. Through understanding these fundamental participants can learn to activate healthy dopaminergic pathways naturally, restoring a healthy balance to their brain.
- We do not offer a program to facilitate detoxification. We believe the chemical imbalance that occurs during the initial stages of removing ‘chemical substitution’ is best handled by medical professionals.
- We do not offer IOP (Intensive Outpatient Services). A certain level of self-regulation must exist to enter the YourWay Recovery program.
- We do not have facilitators who offer solutions or coaching. We support participants in enhancing their critical thinking capabilities to build solution-based thinking habits of their own.
During this week’s practice, you will have an opportunity to review the fundamental beliefs of our program and contemplate how they resonate with you. Be sure to watch the above video. Then, as you feel ready, you can move on to the What we believe Practice.